Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Worthy Cause

My local friends and followers have most likely heard about the tragic house fire that claimed the lives of 6 children between the ages of 1 and 12 this last weekend. Now I have learned that the Mother, Samantha is in critical condition and has recently developed a fever and possibly an infection. Friends of the family are organizing a benefit and silent auction to help this family in anyway they can. Imagine not only losing your most precious possessions (your children) but your material possessions as well. This family has suffered more devestation than any of us can ever imagine.

I have been putting feelers out to my wonderful Etsy contacts hoping to rally some donations for the silent auction they are holding in a few weeks. I myself am donating a gift certificate and have already received a donation from fellow Sneak Attacker Beadsoul (www.beadsoul.etsy.com) and my new EtsyMom teammate Mimi Marie Designs (www.mimimarie573.etsy.com). Please show these shops some love for helping out this family.

If you would like to donate towards this silent auction you can either email me at bbauer612@gmail.com or the host of the benefit Robin Beagle-Renaud via the benefit page on facebook (see links below).

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=12718340

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119113571466298&ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment